04 July 2006

Happy 4th!

I'll admit it. Starting around Easter I've approached holidays, seasonal events, etc. with the attitude of "This is the last.. X ..I'll spend this way. Next year I'll ..ZED."

So, as I sit in my red t-shirt, denim hat and light khaki cropped trousers cooking bbq chicken and watching the X-Files, I can't help but think that this is the last time I'll celebrate the birth of my country, for whom I'm so grateful and so proud, independently.

Happy independence day, everyone!

k8

ps Quote from the X-Files:

"Ninety-nine percent of the people in this world are fools and the rest of us are in grave danger of contagion."

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Kate....
Re: the message you left on my blog re: cats & giardia
I read on FRUA that your cat can get giardia. Someone on frua had told me to get my cat treated if she drinks out of the toilet bowl... but she does not. I will send you links if I stumble on them. ( frua= families for russian & ukrainian adoption)

Hope your cat is better soon & have a great day

Lauri