08 August 2006

re: the committee meeting

Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes. I
went into the meeting today feeling confident.
But, things seem a little grim right
now...

The committee was two women in an office. It
didn't look anything like the X-files--no csm in
sight. Both women were nice and helpful.
However, there is a big problem with my petition
because I do not own property in the US anymore.
I was told previously that having my residency
letter from the consulate was enough, but things
seem to have changed.

Two of my agency reps will go back and present my case again on
Thursday, and will hopefully reach a better
conclusion. My agency is confident and encouraging.

More then...
Kate

4 comments:

Elle said...

Votemom is right. It is just going to take the right paperwork to get things just right. You'll get there, don't be discouraged.

Lauri said...

I pray its not a big issue. Im sure its just more paperwork and all will be fine.


keep us updated

Maggie said...

I'm sure it's just red tape that has to be pushed through. Fingers are crossed!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your journey is getting real interesting right from the start! I hope it's just a matter of finding the right combination of forms, colors, seals and signatures (it can't hurt to rub your head and pat your tummy) to get things done.