12 February 2007

fyi

I teach some of the most privileged children in the city. These children are well-fed and well-cared for. Attention is lavished upon them. And you know what--they look a little peaked right now. We all do! If you look at anyone at school, you'll see skin that is of a pallor you'd not consider healthy. Circles are showing up under our eyes. Our hair has none of it's summery gold.

But, we're happy and, for the most part, healthy.

I just wanted to mention that for those people coming over in the next month or so to meet their children. We're all a little sun-deprived about now. I noticed the same thing last year about this time. And, according to friends who were in Helsinki last week, the further north you go the worse it gets. So don't let appearances scare you.

On an happy note, I just purchased a plane ticket to Moscow for the weekend. I'm still waiting for permission to travel from the government via the consulate (I can only go 70 km from the city centre without permission), but that shouldn't be a problem for this trip. While in Moscow I'm going to get to meet up with some blogger friends--and meet some blogger babies. How cool is that? I'm excited!

6 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh Kate that sounds great!!!
Who are you meeting?!

Anonymous said...

That IS cool! I'm jealous! I hope Lauren remembered your peanut butter!

Maggie said...

That's awesome (not the pallor part... the meeting blog friends part)

Jim said...

I'm guessing that they are the most privileged kids in Saint Petersburg simply because they have you for a teacher.

kate said...

Awww, thanks, Jim.

Holly said...

Have a great trip Kate! Sounds like a well deserved break :-)