12 May 2007

toothpaste revisited

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath ever since this post forthe results. Today is the day! Today, the experimental toothpaste tube was finished.



This means that one tube of toothpaste used by a single person who brushes her teeth 2-3 times a day will last approximately 12 weeks. I would've thought it was more like a month. So, my hypothesis was incorrect and I learned something.

This means, and I know you'll all be relieved, that I do have enough toothpaste to last until I anticipate leaving Russia. There were no openings at the school I want to return to in the US so I signed on for another year here. But, as you can see in the original toothpaste post, I have more than enough toothpaste stashed away to ensure clean teeth for more than a year.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Whew! I was really worried you might run out of toothpaste, and was already making plans for a "Keep Kate's Teeth Healthy" toothpaste drive. :)

Maggie said...

Thank goodness. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now.

Anonymous said...

Poor toothpaste tube...I will miss him. Such a good lad.

Esther said...

Halt! Don't throw out that tube! i just read on another blog how much toothpaste is Really left in an empty tube!! Cut it in half, or cut one end off and voila!! There's a lot more in there for extending the tube's life!! How crazy is that- but the koinkydink of the timing is too much!!

Calico Sky said...

I was worried for you ;)

It sounds like you have a good plan, sorry things have't work out for next year as planned. I was at an adoption conference yesterday, which I will blog about Monday. They were talking about US ex-pats who lived in Russia and adopted from there! I think it was early last year they adopted.
Happy Mother's Day (or do they celebrate it in March like the UK)

Melissa said...

So relieved you'll have clean teeth and fresh breath for another year! I hope next year you can get a position at the US school you want and bring your dd with you!

kate said...

Kelly, there is no celebration of Mother's Day in Russia. We do celebrate Women's Day on 8 March which is for ALL women--mothers or not.

Rachael said...

Happy Mother's Day, my mother-to-be friend.

Glad your teeth will be nice and clean for the coming year. What happens if d2b arrives before year-end and you have to share?

votemom said...

are you better?