12 September 2007

a votemom quiz

10 years ago I was: just back from a summer theatre course with the RSC, performing in "Crazy for You" and teaching first grade.
5 years ago I was: touring with a production of "The Frog Prince".
1 year ago I was: thinking I'd started my last year teaching in Russia.
Yesterday I was: having dinner with my friend to celebrate her adoption!

5 snacks that I enjoy:
1. i'm not much of a snacker
2. "dry"
3. Ryazhenka--sort of a baked yogurt that you mix jam into
4. banana and skimmed milk or toast
5. toast (I'm on a big toast with honey kick now...often eating it for dinner)

5 songs I know all the words to(I know about 5 million so here are the first ones I thought of):
1. I've Been Changed for Good
2. If Momma was Married
3. Always a Bridesmaid
4. Goodnight, My Someone
5. Somewhere, Out There
(hmmm....I can see the train of thought, but it sounds like a completely different train when you're outside of my head)

5 things I would do with a million dollars:
1. tithe
2. buy and furnish a little house in the US
3. buy a car in the US (silver crv w/ sunroof)
4. save 250,000
5. use 400,000 to establish a fund for children in need

5 favorite TV shows:
1. Anything in English
2. Lost
3. Strictly Come Dancing
4. X-files
5. Trading Spaces


5 things I am thankful for:
1. knowing i'm the beloved child of a sovereign God
2. being out of debt
3. having lived out so many of my dreams
4. amazing friends
5. US citizenship


2 names I go by:
1. Kate
2. Katooshka/Katoosh/Katyenka/Katya

2 parts of your heritage
1. AMERICAN
2. scottish/english/austrian

2 things that scare me:
1. BIRDS
2. other things that fly...like bats and moths

2 of my every day essentials:
1. hot shower
2. Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste (like that's a surprise...)

2 things I am wearing right now:
1. cute toille pj bottoms
2. charcoal hoodie
(and black cashmere socks. i know that's three, but they're all important.)

2 of my favorite bands/musical artists (at the moment):
1. "original broadway cast"
2. "original london cast"

2 things I want in a relationship (other than real love):
1. like-minded faith
2. cleverness

2 truths:
1. There is a plan for my life.
2. I can't mess it up.

2 physical things that appeal to me in the opposite sex:
1. wit
2. strength

2 of my favorite hobbies:
1. reading
2. horsey things

2 things I want really badly:
1. to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
2. to not tell you what the others are ;>

2 places I want to go on vacation:
1. provence
2. talinn

2 ways I am stereotypically a chick:
1. my sense of direction
2. the song "A Mix Tape" from Avenue Q

2 things I normally wouldn't admit:
1. nice try
2.

2 things I am thinking about right now:
1. how cold my nose and fingers are
2. if i skipped any questions that i need to go back and answer
3. the fact that i don't seem to be able to follow the constraints of this quiz and limit myself to TWO answers...one would be easier than two, i think..

2 stores you shop at:
1. okey
2. ashan

2 people I would like to see taking this quiz:
1. ann marie
2. you (please leave a comment so i can come and read yours--i know rachael and chou 2 will oblige!)

2 people I haven't talked to in a while:
1. nif
2. juls

6 comments:

martha said...

i share you dislike of bats which i consider to be the equivalent of flying rats. (have you ever seen one up close?) ugh! i opened a screen door once and there was one hanging there asleep! eeeek! did i ever freak out. (i also hate rats.)
it was nice to catch up on your life. glad things are on the upswing. m

Anonymous said...

I remember 10 years ago when you were doing that :).

Rachael said...

"Who can say if I've been changed for the better? Because I knew you, I have been changed for good."

I think I know the whole CD by heart. I love Broadway too, but always felt it made me a little nerdy (not that I think you're a nerd). :)

OK, I'll play along too, it looks fun, but it'll take me a few days to get to it. Although, I must mention that I like the clever way you slipped in 3 names instead of 2. Perhaps Chou 2 and I should split the quiz and each do half! ;>

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Been a lurker for a while, o I thought I'd comment. I enjoy reasing your perspective on life in Russia. Our 4 yo son is from Novosibirsk and was adopted in 2004. I hope things get going on your adoption front soon.

votemom said...

i've never even heard of provence or the other one which i can't even remember now. do tell...

Anonymous said...

You are right, we haven't talked in a while. I would love to change that, but life gets in the way. At least I'm keeping up on the blog so we are in touch. Love, Nif