05 March 2010

less drama

I might not need to sprechen Deutsch after all.

Fortunately, when agency e-mailed my sw's agency to see if anyone there could fly to Russia and do my ppr, sw agency told agency that I'd already been in contact with them AND that no, they could not fly to Russia.

I think knowing that I was being proactive (um, I think that because knowing I was proactive was mentioned in today's e-mail) made them want to help me more. And, it seems to have led to a "creative solution" that will allow me not to fly to Germany.

I don't know what the solution is. I just know we're waiting for approval from Russia. (Yes, from the entire country, apparently.)

Fingers crossed...

4 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

less drama is ALWAYS good!

Annie said...

As I'm thinking of this I am wondering....isn't it your AGENCY that ought to have their knickers in a twist over this? Not you? It is THEIR problem if the post placement reports don't get in. Maybe I'm not following all the past drama.... It just doesn't seem like it ought to be YOUR problem to handle.

kate said...

Annie, yes, they have much at stake. But, if I ever want to adopt from Russia again, and I'm still not convinced that "d2b" is singular, then the state of my knickers is just as twisted.

Lindsay said...

Good luck with it. Surely it is in their (agency) interest to sort it out too so their accreditation is not threatened? Hope they solve this soon.