25 July 2006

t.v. or not t.v.

Let's remember that I have had no BBC Prime (my only English channel with actual shows) since April. I've made my friend Inna, who is the school-appointed go-between for me and the landlord, less of my friend because I ask her about it every fortnight. (I've learned that asking once and assuming it's being taken care is not the best way to go about things here. Persistence gets both results and resentment.) I'm not a big tv watcher, but it's hard having NO tv. I've realized that and made peace with that fact. I hope you don't think less of me.

Today I called the landlord myself. (The audacity! The presumption!) He said he told Inna IN JUNE that the only way to get BBC Prime now is to buy the satellite card in England and install it here. Of course, I'm finding this out a week AFTER I RETURNED FROM ENGLAND! Why? WHY?

(I've e-mailed a friend in England who works for the Beeb to see if she can help. Fingers crossed...)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

There is always the Russian music videos to keep you entertained, or the Russian idol show, Lol. I was singing this one Russian tune for about a Month after coming home. You dont know how much you miss Tv until you dont have it... I feel for you.

Hope you get your TV soon.. until then find some good books

Geoff and Caron said...

Hi Kate,
Have had some success with adding things to my blog ... must say that it took some table pounding moments to get to the success stage! Have begun to enjoy using the page now and have started to invite friends to view it. Thanks for you help!
Caron