22 August 2009

smiling

You are all more than kind to wish that Sasha and I fly into an airport near you. But, we're going to keep our trip to the US brief and functional. I'm looking for a short flight, an expedited passport for Sasha, and a quick return.

And, all you adoption junkies know that while *I* might love to see all my friends and indulge in shopping and eating out, that's not what Sasha will need. We'll still be such a new family. And, she'll still be so easily overwhelmed and overstimulated. So, that's off the cards for this trip.

Next summer, though, we might be up for a cross-country tour.

I've booked my tickets to and from and to Moscow...

6 comments:

Barb said...

Woo Hoo! . . . what are the dates for the pick-up trip?

annmarie said...

doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doooo

Jim said...

Sounds like you have a good plan. Hope your trip is quick and trouble-free.

votemom said...

it's almost september.......

kewl.

Heidi said...

Hey Kate! It's been a busy summer, but I've checked in to see progress ~ so much has happend for you! I am continueing to pray that all goes smoothly for you 2.
September is almost here and you'll be home again with your beautiful daughter before you know it. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!
Hasn't it all been worth it? SHE is the ONE! YEAH!!! <3

Annie said...

We're all just having fun with you. I know it only too well.... And, actually, that is such a dreadful trip that you really don't want to see anyone; I'm never even very glad to see my family. All I want is help with the bags and otherwise NO INPUT from anyone whatsoever. For a few hours at least!