28 July 2007

another dream

Last week I dreamt that my friend Kat and I were at a Russian police station getting a background check for my homestudy. They wouldn't give it to us because we hadn't paid the electric bill.

I figured that this dream had to do with the fact that I most likely will need a police check here. And, my friend Dawn in Ukraine has had people telling her that her fans use too much electricity. I've had my fan on every day--sometimes TWO fans.

Today I picked up Kat at the airport. We got to her flat and discovered that she had no electricity because the school hadn't paid her electric bill!! (Poor, Kat had spoiled food, a defrosted freezer and no phone/stove/lights waiting for her. Welcome back to Russia!) We tried to go pay it, but the bank (where you pay your electric bill--based on a reading you take yourself) is closed because it's Saturday.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Ugh! The joys of living in Russia!

6blessings said...

What a bummer!

Interesting "coincidences" with the dream.