09 July 2007

update re: the update

Let's recap.

My homestudy was set to expire on 21 June. No one knew if I needed an entirely new hs or just a simple update. SW will not come and do a new hs b/c her f-i-l is ill. She cannot travel to Russia right now.

Today, I heard from V that all I need from Russia is a simple update.

I conveyed this news to my social worker who told me that since my hs has expired while we were waiting to be told what to do, the US government will require an entirely new hs.

I'm wondering if, since we starte inquiries before it expired, it can just be updated. Anyone else got straws? I'll grasp them.

Also, replacement sw is not answering e-mails and her partner has posted that they've stopped ex-pat hs. They will continue those in progress. Don't know if I'm in-progress or not. Have a third sw option...

Let's count to ten together... 1.2.3...

p.s. And what is with blogger being anti-titles these days? I don't need this right now.

Update on the update of the update: New sw (that's #2) did e-mail and says not only am I in-progress and she'll be happy to do my update, but also that we *might* be able to do this without a homevisit. I just have to make some inquiries...

This is a call to prayer! Please pray that I do not have to have another homevisit.

16 comments:

Holly said...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. I don't think it helped any. How frustrating!!!!

Tami said...

I'm praying...REALLY HARD!

Rachael said...

Kate - A small straw for you to grasp at:

If all Russia requires is the update, that should be good enough for you to get your referral at least. Based on our experience, St. Pete's does not require the I-171H for registering with the MOE and receiving a referral -- only for court. We found that the amount of documents needed for the initial MOE phase was quite a bit less than the full dossier. At least you could get your referral, spend time with her, etc. and then worry about finishing all the requirements for court if that is the case.

Any case, sounds like social worker #2 might be a winner!

Have a great time in Moscow.

Debi said...

Kate Kate Kate...what I would do to help you out friend...I am so sorry that this has turned into such a debacle for you...prayers from me to whom ever can get the job done and done right!!

Lisa said...

Prayers sent!

And about blogger and titles... what I discovered is that the "text box" is off from what you see on the screen. If you position your mouse cursor just above where you think it should be, it turns into the text entry bar. :-)

Deb said...

So glad it might be able to get done with out the new visit. What a rough ride. I'll be praying.

Lauri said...

Praying, Wishing, Hoping that everything goes your way.....



Hugs

Lauri

JennStar said...

Praying!!

Suz said...

I'm praying Kate! You may have already heard an answer by now, but I'm praying nonetheless!

votemom said...

no worries... remember WHO is in charge.

hey - if i am going to see you, what can i bring you from the states???

Unknown said...

Saying prayers for you from Texas. :)

6blessings said...

Sounds like you may finally have someone working for you. Maybe this sw will get the job done! I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

Praying! Love, Nif

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kate..things just HAVE to get better! I know it seems like one roadblock after another..but Votemom is a perfect example that miracles CAN happen and God's Will WILL be done! :0) We are praying for you...

BTW...I am aggravated with not being able to do titles..and it is impossible to find any human to deal with at blogger..argh

Jane said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks for commenting on my blog, it's nice to "meet" you! You certainly are having a time with your homestudy! I wish you the very best. Prayers being sent your way for to get this resolved.
Jane

Esther said...

Several bloggers I know are having problems with the titles. I clicked on the word "title", and it enabled the cursor to appear in the title box. Worked for me. So I've been passing along the tip.

Thank goodness for great news on your homestudy! As a person who has had three (and hopefully no more), I'm so glad for you that you got the simple solution!! WooHoo!