13 August 2007

one prolonged grumble

It's still hot.

I just got an e-mail from my agency asking for all sorts of paperwork I've already sent them...including THE LEASE. I was feeling like we were making progress, that we were almost there, and now I feel like someone who is walking on romper-stompers for the first time. (Remember those? You had to concentrate so hard the first time you wore them to just pick up one foot and put it in front of the other one. It was a huge effort.)

My car is b-r-o-k-e-n and school starts the day after tomorrow. I didn't learn enough Russian this summer, I didn't do enough ballet and I didn't lose enough weight. Everyone's class size is dropping except for mine. They only delivered 12 of my desks. I twisted my knee, there's a blister on my little toe, and I have a heat rash. I'm sick of every kind of food we have in this city and every piece of clothing I own.

I don't want to deal with any people. No one. I'm unplugging the phone, turning off the computer, taking a cool, lavender bath and some St. John's Wort and going to bed with my new book. I may or may not get dressed tomorrow.

Haven't I done enough? Apparently not. So I'll keep "doing". Just not today.

I'm hot and weary and frustrated.

And, to make it all worse, in case I didn't make it clear, it's still HOT!

I promise to post happier things tomorrow.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

It's your blog...grumble if you want to.

I hope it's a really good book.

And school starts ALREADY??? Poor you.

Deb said...

Hoping for a better and cooler day tomorrow for you.

Tami said...

Go ahead and grumble...you're entitled! I hope the heat breaks for you soon...I know how miserable it can be - and I live and work in air conditioning!!! You have my sympathy, empathy and any other kind of 'thy' I can think of!

Lea said...

Your agency makes me feel like screaming so I can only imagine how they make you feel.

Enjoy your book and don't get dressed. Wear as little as possible and stay as cool as possible. Hope you get some cooler weather soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate if I could pop over and give you a big hug and share a carton of ice cream I would!!!!

sigh...I just don't know what to say about them anymore...I think they have started working with so many families that they just can't handle it anymore...
still thinking and praying for you
Karen

Lauri said...

I agree... grumble all you want.. sometimes we just have to be in the funk we are in.. revel in it.. roll around.. complain and feel good & grumbly, get comfy and when you are ready to feel better you will.



I am so sorry you are dealing with all that agency crap.

Hugs

Debi said...

you go girl...take a day or two to yourself...go to Hard rock in Moscow and take a vacation...wait school starts soon...dream it up and do it for your first day off!!

so sorry K8...life gets to us all now and again...sorry it is your turn

Holly said...

Sorry you're not having a great time right now.

Anonymous said...

Can I FedEx you some chocolate? That might help.... and having to eat it before it melts is a good excuse for scarfing back an entire bar of Jersey Milk. Er, not that I do that.

June