09 April 2008

stupidity

i am not in the best frame of mind. haven't been for awhile. i don't think i can even manage to capitalize today. and, i was ambushed by my pet peeve (see title) and realized all over again...

people are stupid.

i actually went out A SECOND TIME today (did i mention that i don't feel like getting out of my pajamas, much less my flat?) to get a phone card so i could make some "paperwork" calls from a friend's (because my phone isn't working) to arrange for my bank statements, etc. to be sent.

stupid dixis. stupid, stupid, useless, stupid dixis. they didn't have an apollo card. (apollo cards are excellent, reliable, inexpensive, non-stupid international calling cards.) they sold me a matrix card. (i have neither heard of nor used a matrix card prior to today.) it's useless. USELESS.

i call. i enter my pin. they prompt me to enter the phone number i'm calling. i do. they prompt me to enter the phone number i'm calling. i do. they prompt me to enter the phone number i'm calling. i don't. i am connected to customer service. (*note: this is the number printed on the card for english speaking customers. no one there speaks english. stupid, useless customer "service".) customer service says blah blah blah after i give them the pin code and number. i ask, "karta ne robotat?" yes. it doesn't work. i can't argue with them. all i can say is it's a new card. i do the shopping today at dixis. transfer, transfer, transfer. vivaldi over and over. (coda) finally someone in english says, "you should try to connect again." and hangs up. i do.

(please read the previous paragraph through to the coda and then continue below.)

they connect my call. great, but i'm wondering how i'll make the other calls i need to after this. use customer "service" each time? groan. but, BUT the man at ing cannot hear me. at all. i repeat myself. i speak louder and longer. i shout and startle the cat. the ing man (whom i picture wearing an orange tie) cannot hear me. at all. the card is useless. USELESS. stupid, stupid,useless matrix people/card.

but i'm not getting dressed to return it until tomorrow. return something. in russia. HA! but i'll try...

18 comments:

Tina in CT said...

By then, I probably would have been yelling into the phone! Frustration!

Rachael said...

Oh, I am sorry, friend.

Stupidity sucks, capitalized or not.

Anonymous said...

At least you were speaking to real people when you called customer service. My pet peeve is when I call my telephone or cable service is when I get that electronic voice that tries to help me and even when you say agent or representative still tries to suck you in. I realized the other day that I said agent like 10 times straight before it transferred me to a person.

Suzanne said...

yikes

Out of pajemas? out of the flat? for nothing! Poor you.

Left to my own devices I would never ever leave my home.

Tami said...

ugh. rachel's right. stupidity sucks! good luck on returning that card tomorrow. look at the bright side...the experience alone will be worth another post. at least you won't have to come up with more blogging fodder. ;)

Jim said...

Do you have Skype on your computer? You can use it to make calls to any phone number in the US, and then you don't have to mess with a phone card.

Of course, you have to pay for those phone calls, but the rates aren't too terrible.

It would be a backup system for when your phone is out. Of course, you still need working Internet service.

Lauri said...

hugs

Melissa said...

I don't mean to laugh, but I really loved your coda reference. Bless your heart, I'm not a fan of stupidity either.

Annie said...

Oh, poor thing! I hope you have better luck with your next card. Or your phone, or.... Well, better luck.

Anonymous said...

How frustrating!! I'm catching up on the blog today. I hope your week off improves. Love, Nif

Maura said...

Oh, just reading your post gives me the stupidity willies. I can just imagine how you feel - that kind of inept, grossly ridiculous experience would keep me firmly in my PJs for the day.

Good luck with the return tomorrow. Let 'em have it!

Anonymous said...

UGH! Like my cousin Danny says, "Dumbness is rampant!"

Here's an elephant sighting for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHoyB81LnE
I hope you're able to access YouTube.

Best of luck with your business tomorrow.

kate said...

Jim, the whole mac-compatible headset is yet another battle I'm been waging for years. I have Skype. I cannot skype.

Unknown said...

Oh, Kate. I am frustrated FOR you. Sorry. I will send good vibes across the ocean to your next card and your next phone call. Perhaps he will have on a normal color tie next time and his hearing will improve.

MoscowMom said...

Kate--I have a calling card here and you're welcome to use the access number and pin if you need. Just e-mail me at tamara221@hotmail.com and I'll give the info. I'm betting by now, though, that you bought another...

I'm sure you needed your passport to return it, and that LOTS and LOTS of paperwork was involved... If they even let you do it. Hang in there!!!!!!

MoscowMom said...

You cracked me up with your comment about gym etiquette!!! We'd never joined a gym until this winter... As you'll learn, it can be a godsend when you have energetic kids and half a year of winter weekends to fill w/no spouse to help you out. It's a GODSEND. We spent seven hours there this weekend! (swimming, time for me to work out while the kids were in the children's room, then playing in the kids' gym room with the balls, jump ropes, etc.)Once the heat hits Moscow (this month, since our apartment is SWELTERING w/messed-up 1953 windows we can't open), we'll love the gym's air-conditioning, too!

Anonymous said...

Stupid people suck. Stupid things suck too. Nothing more frustrating!

6blessings said...

Ugh! The luxuries in foreign countries. I guess I need to get ready, huh? BTW, we leave in mid-August.