03 June 2007

PC foods

(It's all in how you categorize...)

pasta, poultry, peaches, plums, pickles (bread and butter only, thanks), peanut butter, peas, pasturized milk (a bit of a cheat, but...)

cheese, crackers, chicken, condiments, Coke, chocolate

Hmmm...I know there's more, but I haven't eaten them is so long that I've forgotten! Help me out, here.

What I'd really miss if I went PC: berries, green beans, soups (I'd have to finagle a way around that...in Russian it's суп), lentils and rice, bread

Do you know what I'm longing for right now? Cold asparagus in soy sauce. I got hooked on this by a family a babysat for in Chattanooga. It's the perfect summer food. I just wish it started with a "p". I also wish they HAD asparagus in St. P...

6 comments:

kitchu said...

I've never done the cold asparagus in soy sauce... as much as I love asparaguuuuus, I'll have to try that. (Yeah, I like to give my asparagus a long "oooo" sound).

Anonymous said...

I object to the use of "condiments" in your listing of C foods...that's a category, not a food item!!! Catsup is all you are permitted. :)

Lauri said...

I love asparagus....

Anonymous said...

I miss asparagus, too, although I prefer it roasted.

What about lentils and rice? And while we're on the subject, can you send me your recipe for the way you made it when I was there last year?

Calico Sky said...

hhhmmm....I LOVE asparagus with soy sauce (vegan soy sauce!)

Unknown said...

PIZZA, how could you forget pizza?!?

:)