30 June 2007

mock not, lest ye need toothpaste

ask ann marie for details. ;>

Edited to provide details as ann marie *might* be thinking of things other than toothpaste:

Yesterday I got up at early and drove ('nuff said?) all over the city in search of an affordable umbrella stroller. I'd seen one on the day I'd visited my agency (the short story two posts below). Their offices are in a mall (big shop, many shops). So, I popped in. They did have umbrella strollers, but I thought they were a little pricey. It was a big-name store (Children's World) so I thought I could find one cheaper elsewhere. Nope. None cheaper, none at all! I tried Ramstore, Okey, Children's Paradise, Carousel and The Children's Store. I decided to go back to the mall near Avtova. (Yeah, those who know me irl are laughing. Let's just say that on a recent multiple intelligences test I scored perfectly (not a difficult test) in all areas *except* spatial abilities. There I got an 85%. Definitely not my strong suit...)I found it (wow) bought the stroller and got the the airport--early!

While I was having my adventure, Ann Marie and Zach were dealing with an overseas flight and one of my two *least* favorite airports in the WORLD (Charles de Gualle in Paris--the other I abhor is DFW). Their flight was late. It was hot. The ice cream I brought them melted. Not a fun day for boisterous couple from the 'burbs.

So, they were jetlagged and I was carlagged. I left them at their hotel to settle in (those rebels have to be watched more carefully than they were when they stayed with me) I got a call from AM who 'fessed up. She'd forgotten toothpaste. We both burst out laughing. I told her I didn't think I had any.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Did you run out?

Jenni said...

Or did ann marie forget to pack hers?

Anonymous said...

I hate those airports too!

Lisa said...

Have fun with Ann Marie and Zack! Wish I was in Russia too right now, but maybe in a few short weeks, if this accreditation certificate that's been so heavily hyped last week actually shows up on Wednesday as expected. We shall see...

Calico Sky said...

Ooohhh have fun...

I am always intreagued by your tooth paste posts!!!

Holly said...

OMG DFW is so big! Ditto, not my favorite either.

Too funny...I literally told my mom about your toothpaste yesterday!