03 June 2007

reia, last of the astani

*Update: What I've been told by the agency is that this has to be a new hs and not an update because the original hs was never filed. It is expiring because it was actually finished in early June last year. It was only because of the seven months it sat on my agency's desk that it's expiring early. I understand my sw sticking to the date it originally was finished, but would love it if it reflected the last changes asked for and made--which was in February. I'm hoping that this can be a sort of an update that just includes all pages being reprinted, a compromise of sorts. Otherwise, it's time to break out the checkbook. Either way, I don't see how I can be ready to be first in line if the re-accreds come this month as expected by my agency. My consolation is that not many people request children in my age range. Maybe that will be my saving grace? Aren't you just SO curious to know what d2b is up to that's keeping me waiting and waiting? I am. I can't wait to see what's been going in in her/their life/lives over the past year...


I am calling on my alter ego, Reia, last of the Astani, to help with the latest agency demands. 'Cause, guess what--

I need a new homestudy. That makes 4, by my reckoning. Did you know that the Brits use the word "reckon" all the time? They do. "Whadya reckon?" is a commonly used expression instead of "Whadya think?" I kid you not. I used it all the time when I came home from my first UK stay and people thought I was a total hick.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT??? I don't know how you don't keep from strangling someone. Why do they need it re-done - is it just a matter of the timeframe or does it need complete changes? Hang in there, you'll get it done.

Tami said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!! Can you just do an update? They're a little less time consuming (not to mention less expensive) than doing a whole new homestudy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is just awful. Has it expired or is it just because of the restructuring that you need a new one?

Anonymous said...

Reia will make everything better. After all, she was modelled after you...the similiarities are quite eerie! And about the homestudy: I am in awe of your ability to refrain from foul language.

Calico Sky said...

Oh Kate I reckon that is awful! I am so so sorry, I don't know what to say...

yes reckon is a word I am in constant contact with....

votemom said...

as someone who has done multiple home-studies...... i commiserate with you.

you didn't pray for patience at any point in your life did you?

kitchu said...

FOUR homestudies? I think I'd be saying something more along the lines of "what the f"!! rather than "whatdya reckon"!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping this means an update??? which doesn't qutie make sense since isn't it technically dates november from the last fix (or set of fixes)...
Hang in ! and Get 'er done!
Karen

Esther said...

We're on our third homestudy. Homework in and SW coming to our home this month. I think I may have to strangle someone if we need a fourth homestudy......

Anonymous said...

Our social worker allowed us to make simple updates and redated our original homestudy to include that. I think yours is being unreasonable. If nothing has changed she is not going to rewrite it anyway just change dates and reprint.

Jenni said...

I seriously cannot believe this!!! I reckon I'd be pretty P.O.'d if I were you. I hope it all comes together soon.

Rachael said...

Just stopping by to let you know how incredulous I am on your behalf. Since it hasn't been filed, can't they just change the dates to reflect when they actually finished it, not started it? Maybe that's too outside the box for them.

Sorry for you. Hope it all works out in time. Stay the course.

Anonymous said...

This really stinks! After i was THEIR fault it took so long in the first place??? It shouldn't come back on you, to have to do--and pay for--a whole new homesudy. Wow. That's jut wrong. Your compromise sounds reasonable--I hope they'll go for it.