03 January 2010

what passes for news

Update for all you hair-obsessed blog readers:

We had a haircut last week (I just undercut and evened things out in the back--but didn't touch all the growing-out layers on top) and it is looking much more kempt. It's amazing to me, who has very different hair, how much maintenance this hair requires! I *may* be hm in some ways, but not when it comes to hair. Hers, at age six, has to have product in it (it's the Pantene stuff that looks like it's in a glue bottle--and came free with some shampoo sometime) and has to be blow-dried until it's bone-dry, which takes for.ev.er., after it's shampooed. If not--I'm in for wrestling matches in the mornings until we shampoo again in a day or two. A spray bottle isn't enough. It needs to be doused and dried.

Speaking of dry...I forwent (How can that be right? What else could it be?) skipped her usual Suave kids tonight and used some LUSH Rehab and Retread on her. Her hair smells wonderful and is SO shiny and healthy. I'd wait and put pix up tomorrow, but...

...we have big news! TODAY was the day the front pieces were long enough to stay in a French braid. Yesterday, no. Today, YES! How cute is this?

*photos removed*

Obviously, so cute that, once again, you're getting multiple photos when one would do. She was such a little model today--changing poses with every click. It cracked me up. She's never done that before. (Good thing she and ANTME won't be competing in the same season. Wink!) What a sweet little goofball.

23 comments:

Lisa said...

http://lisarenniadoption.blogspot.com/2008/02/their-hair-is-growing.html

This is my "it's finally GROWING!!" post! lol Quite a milestone, isn't it? Only the AM of a previously institutionalized Russian child fully understands the significance!

Abbye had a french braid today too. :-)

And I just LOVE Lexi's dimples!

Tami said...

Love it!!! She is just so cute!

Lea said...

She is just too adorable! Love the hair!

ALPAL said...

Cutest kid the world. Truly!

ALPAL said...

Cutest kid the world. Truly!

Anonymous said...

Serious - CRAZY CUTE!! I love the hairdo!!

She really is a natural in front of the camera - I say sign her up with Tyra... she and ANTME can compete together. :-)

And I'm right with you on the pain of high-maintenance hair. I'm a wash-it-occasionally-wear-it-in-a-ponytail-and-forget-it-gal. But now that Elsa is in my life, we spend soooo much time on hair. Oy.

Anonymous said...

Serious - CRAZY CUTE!! I love the hairdo!!

She really is a natural in front of the camera - I say sign her up with Tyra... she and ANTME can compete together. :-)

And I'm right with you on the pain of high-maintenance hair. I'm a wash-it-occasionally-wear-it-in-a-ponytail-and-forget-it-gal. But now that Elsa is in my life, we spend soooo much time on hair. Oy.

Lauri said...

don't underestimate the pull of a good hair post


Love it... it looks adorable.Lexi is such a cutie and she just exudes happiness..she is like a dose of Vitamin C

We have been having some bang related regret over here... so lucky Livs hair grows super fast

Holly said...

Love the hair. And I love your banner photo at the top of your blog! So very cute! Grace loves that book, too.

Maura said...

Lexi is one seriously cute girl. She has a very infectious smile and positively twinkles for the camera.

Love the french braid, and the banner photo is priceless...a wonderful fairy-wearing-orange-shoes-reading-with-baby-in-the-glider moment captured.

Rachael said...

It is VERY cute! Love the braid. Darling.

Your story of Lex fawning for the camera reminded me of once (long time ago) after I'd just fixed Katya's hair and I caught her posing in front of the mirror singing to herself "Ya krasevee, ya krasevee...". Now, I have to beg and barter to get her to let me do anything with it. She's determined to grow it long and straight, but it's horribly limp and unkempt that way. Darn it when they get opinions of their own! ;)

Debbie said...

she's just so cute!

The Accidental Mommy said...

OH no, she most clearly loves her hair as well! I can't stand it, she is soooooo CUTE! She looks so happy too.
We had to grow out Genea's hair too, but it is reasonably cooperative hair, despite it looking like crazy rock star hair. I guess maybe I am calling it cooperative because I like the crazy rock star look. If I was trying to make her hair smooth and calm, it would not work with me at all.

Tina in CT said...

Just an adorable little pixie who loves having her pictures taken.

Looks like you are growing out her bangs. It seems to be growing quickly since you could do the front French braid. Cute.

Katie said...

jealous jealous jealous jealous.

I get one hairdo a year from Fin, at best. And I am a good ol southern french-braiding gal.

Kills me.

But she has a mean lay-up. Which is NOT the same thing as an up-do, but it will be okay.

J. said...

Yes, she IS cute! You know when you adopt an "older" child vs. a baby, you miss alot of firsts. That is true - but - imho, it just makes you appreciate all the "other" firsts so much more! Lexi looks SO happy in all the pictures, it's easy to see what a wonderful family you've become!

Lindy D. said...

How fun to have a french braid!
Yet, I must say Lexi looks very cute in bangs. I love how they frame her dark Russian eyes, darling dimples, and sparkling smile.

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

So.very.cute!!
What a smile....

Unknown said...

love the dimples!

votemom said...

i always did emma's hair like that... it's soooo sweet. anna's is too thin, and kate has no patience for such things. i will enjoy your girl's hair vicariously!

Melissa said...

super cute

Jenni said...

Her hair looks great!

Ellyn said...

She has a great profile. Too adorable.