18 June 2007

this road

A dear friend sent me a cd she'd burned for me. (Thanks again, S!) This song, the last one, seemed espcially fitting (although I think "suffering" to too drastic and too dramatic to describe my situation properly). These lyrics, and this post, and this blogger are unashamedly Christian.

This song is by Ginny Owens.

A million miles away from anything familiar
A thousand places I would rather be
So I choke back the tears and try to find the bright side
Though I find it hard to see beyond my suffering

In my heart I know Your plan is so much bigger
And this small part is all that I can see
And I believe You haven't left me here to wander
Still I can't help but ponder where You're leading me

And I ask why this road? Why this way and this load?
Tell me how far must I go 'till I see, 'till I know, why this road?

A million miles away from anything familiar
What was it like to be so far from home?
And though You came in love, the world misunderstood You
There must've been some days when You felt so alone

But You endured because there was joy before You
Joy that came because You sacrificed
Since You gave Yourself just to spend forever with me
Surely I can trust You'll lead me through my darkest time

When I ask why this road? Why this way and this load?
Tell me how far must I go 'till I see, 'till I know, why this road?

From here I cannot see why you'd choose this path for me
But I don't have to understand to believe
That You know why

You know why this road, why this way and this load
You know how far I must go 'till I see, 'till I know, why this road

I love it and I sing it. It so nicely sums up both the struggles and the faith I have about bringing d2b home.

And, once photobucket un-bans me for for violating tos (ummm...yeah. not me.) I'll change my photo to a better representation of this road.

(BTW, I found a sw to re-do my hs. Hooray! Now let's see how much it will cost...)

6 comments:

votemom said...

it's by ginny owens. she's blind. all her music is amazing. she's one of my favorites.

Debi said...

I agree Kate...S has some good ones...she must have a secret hiding place..

I am glad that you have someone to do your home study...I hope and pray for smooth sailing from here forward.

Maura said...

Such a great song - I hope singing it makes you feel better.

And yippee on the sw. Maybe this is the fresh jump start your process needs!

yorkiemom said...

Huge congrats on finding a SW to do your homestudy.

Anonymous said...

Well Kate, I cursed and swore on your behalf and look what happened! You got a social worker! see how beneficial some bad words can be? (OK, I'm full of crap. You know I'm a duck of a different color.)

Anonymous said...

I went to a concert of hers at the PCA Women's Conference last September and was really impressed! It started after 10 pm, so I didn't make it through the entire thing :), but I really enjoyed what I heard and the things she said along with it.