05 September 2007

huh?

Here was the response from the facilitators in the US (of course I heard nothing from the actual agency):

Basically you have a choice.

1. Submit everything without a home study agency (social worker's
license, state letter as what she is licensed to do, proof of her education,
state laws of what a social worker with her education is licensed to
do)

2. Use a home study agency with the state letter, license and
agreement.

You will need the agency agreement and sworn statement with either
option.

We read all home studies before they are notarized and apostilled (to
check to make sure it is in the format the judges want and includes all
the information the judge wants.)

Choice number one doesn't even see like a choice to me. Doesn't it sound illegal? If it IS a choice, WHY haven't they told me this BEFORE? And, if this is a choice, do we sumbit the parenthetical documents or are they a definition? Have they forgotten that I live in Russia?

I know there are people out there who are thinking about using my agency...or their sister agency. My advice, which I've refrained from giving up until this point, realizing that every situation is different, is DON'T. I am just so worn down by being faced with Russian thinking on both sides of the ocean.

Seriously, isn't this e-mail a little reminiscent of my recent post about getting my car to the mechanic?

Thank you again for all your prayers and support. I'll keep you posted. (Ha--isn't that funny on a blog? POSTED?) ;>

5 comments:

yorkiemom said...

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with them. You're right, how is choice 1 even a choice? Especially since you still need an agency agreement...

All of our delays (except for accreditation) have been on the US side.

Carrie said...

Kate...please, switch agencies. I know it's a heck of a lot of work but I just don't see this agency working for or with you. It's beyond time that you had a referral, an honest answer or even basic communication.

I am so sorry things are not going well, that things are cryptic, unorganized and quite honestly, unprofessional. I hope some really great "good" happens to you very, very soon.

Sending you prayers and hopes and good thoughts!

Tami said...

Ugh! Are they serious?! How can you not turn in a homestudy?! What planet are they operating from...seriously.

Elle said...

Dude, I'm with Carrie. Switch agencies. I know it will cost you a bit of money, but there has to be some way to get through that. There is no way an agency should be jerking you around this much. It has been this long and you haven't even gotten to the submit paperwork stage yet. Sheesh.

Rachael said...

All very confusing. I'm with you, "huh?"