04 September 2007

today's call (still not THE call)

Here's the adoption mumbo-jumbo:

So, it turns out sw #1 (who got fed up with my agency much faster than I did) told sw#2 that she would not do a "review and recommend" that is needed for ex-pats. She told me she would...but that was back in June. So, sw #2 thought we had a BIG problem.

We might. But, it's also possible that my agency can do the r&r. I just called them (answering machine memory was full halfway through my message. great. par for the course.) and e-mailed them.

If you're a pray-er, I ask for prayer for every pair of hands that touches my papers, for sw #2, my agency in the US, my agency here (without V--so sad) and the extra US facilitators. I need this finished! (And, if it could be finished BEFORE my I-171H expires, that would be incredible.) I could also use some prayers for protection--for my adoption even more than for me. A friend of mine pointed out that my accepting attitude of all this happening at the perfect time could be great. Or, it could be leaving this adoption open to attack. (Yes, I not only believe in God, but I do believe in evil.)

Wishing you all joy!

With a grateful heart, I am your
Катуш (Katoosh--what my Russian dear friends call me, and what my teaching assistant and the cleaner at school have called me from the moment we were introduced)

5 comments:

Debi said...

Oh Kate...my heart is breaking for you..I hope that this all get ironed out soon...you have every prayer that I got girl...and few I was saving for myself are yours now too..take care...

Unknown said...

Praying here in Texas. We serve a God of order, not of confusion. I pray that all communication is clear and precise and that there not be any indecisiveness among all those that touch your paperwork. I also pray that they are alert and attentive for each vital detail to be completed on time. Blessings to you katoosh!

Tami said...

We're praying...I'm so sorry for all of this heartache. Kaymommy is right...we serve a God of order. He is in the details. We'll be praying for things to straighten out. In the meantime, keep on them, Katoosh! Day and night!

Rachael said...

Praying for you, Катуш, my friend.

The phone call doesn't sound ALL bad. Sort of a mixed up vibe. Yeah, you do need some clarity.

Lauri said...

Hugs & Prayers