27 April 2007

agency update

The saga continues...sort of.

No news from current agency. Am going to see if they can register me independently in Leningrad Oblast instead of St. P itself. Doubtful, but worth a try.

Still uncomfortable with agency 2--though they seem to be getting results.

Agency 3 will not work with me b/c I am a non-military ex-pat.

I've looked at two agencies that are still registering families. One won't work with me b/c I'm an ex-pat. The other isn't responding to e-mails (still) and has a mixed reputation.

Short post, eh? It seems as if I'm staying the course with my current agency. There is something to be said for closed doors...

2 comments:

Tami said...

Is there any chance of you doing this adoption independently...just working with a facilitator to help you with the paperwork? It's been almost five years since we adopted from Russia, so it may have changed, but I know at the time there were several people who were adopting independently. We considered it for awhile but ended up chickening out. But you're in-country...I think you could handle it.

Maura said...

There is indeed something to be said for closed doors. It looks like it's leading you to stay the course, but I hope it also takes you to a better place about it. Having used your waiting energy to check options that are not panning out should at least make you feel good that there isn't a "better way" out there that you're missing. Oh that things move along soon for you!