20 January 2007

quick quote from martha washington

By now you know that I love words. I love playing with them, crafting them, discovering them... There are so many words already spoken, already written that make me pause and say, "Ah, yes. Well put. Very true." I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you. I won't share them all at once, because then you can't savour them. I'll give them to you a little at a time.

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have (also) learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances.

Martha Washington

6 comments:

Holly said...

Great quote, and boy ain't that the truth?!

Deb said...

That's a great quote. One to remember. Thanks!

mommyto5 said...

Oh how true, great quote one to remember and to put into practice daily:)

Calico Sky said...

that is sooooooooooooooooo true!

Suz said...

Aye, quite apt for me at this moment.

Hee hee, like my Texas girl rendition of good ol' Martha??

Zoya said...

I thought you may like this one as well:

The bright side is a survival tool. So look on it.
Margaret Atwood "Hardball"